Passing on of the Zulu kingdom queen; Shiyiwe Mantfombi Dlamini has left Zulu people in dismay soon after her husband King Zwelithini was laid to rest.
Queen Mantfombi Dlamini was born in 1956 and died on 29 April 2021. She was the daughter of the king Sobhuza II.
King Sobhuza II had 70 wives and 210 children, he reigned the kingdom of Swaziland for 82 years.
Queen Mantfombi Dlamini was a sister to the current Swaziland king; King Mswati III.
The queen Mantfombi Dlamini was highly revered among the five wives King Zwelithini Zulu had because she was born in the royal family.
She survived 8 children, these are:-
- Prince Misuzulu Zulu, born 23 September 1974 in Kwahlabisa, KwaZulu-Natal. He studied at International Studies in Jacksonville, Florida, and is a strong candidate as Zwelithini’s successor.
- Princess Ntandoyesizwe Zulu, born in 1976. She was married on the 13 April, 2002 at Enyokeni Royal Palace, Nongoma, to the late Kgosi Oupa Moilwa, Chief of the Bahurutse Bagamoilwa. The civil ceremony took place on July 11, 2004, in Pongola.
- Princess Nomkhosi Zulu, born in 1978.
- Princess Bukhosibemvelo Zulu, born in 1980, who married Sipho Nyawo. Her husband paid 120 cows as part of the ilobolo for her.
- Prince Bambindlovu Zulu (makhosezwe), born in 1981
- Prince Lungelo Zulu, born in 1984
- Prince Mandlesizwe Zulu, born in 1990
- Prince Simangaye Zulu, born in 1991